Royal Albert Tea Set Care Guide and 10 Essential Tips
Updated October 12, 2021
Thinking of having tea time with your special loved ones anytime soon? You don’t have to be English to enjoy the idea of enjoying a cup of tea with your friends or loved ones.
Teatime in the 16th century are only accessible to the upper class when tea was a luxury item back then and only the affluent can afford it.
At the turn of the 20th century, teatime has become more elaborate with its menu offering of scones and sandwiches as the tradition solidifies.
Now it goes beyond the aristocracy so whether you’re English or not, it adapted the budget, class, and friends of those who want to enjoy it.
And what better way to enjoy your afternoon tea time with your friends and loved ones than having your Royal Albert tea set ready to impress them.
Imagine, sipping a cup of tea with your Royal Albert old country rose tea set just filling the day with warm laughter, and unhurried time around your favorite people is just a perfect way to create lasting memories.
Royal Albert tea sets offer more than beautiful floral designs and pretty pastels and polka dots patterns, they bring forth a time when life is less complicated and more elegant for beautiful things to be enjoyed.
If you own a Royal Albert teacup then you know how valuable and precious piece they are to have that’s why they need extra care to maintain and clean.
Following these simple and easy ways to clean and maintain your Royal Albert tea set to keep them looking new will let you enjoy and create more good memories with them for many years to come.
How to clean your Royal Albert tea set
Tea is a wonderful beverage that is enjoyed by many today whether English or not. If you favor drinking your favorite tea with your Royal Albert bone china teaware, then you’ll know that stains on them are inevitable and can easily build up over time.
Just as you are ready to deal with the stains, you’ll notice that removing them will not be that simple because stains can be stubborn and hard to remove.
Fortunately, there’s an easy fix for this.
Heres’s how to care for and clean your fine bone china.
1. Tea and coffee removal.
What you’ll need:
Vinegar and baking soda or salt.
Step 1: Wash China cups, saucers, and teapots after use.
Step 2: Wet the cup with vinegar.
Step 3: Dampen a rag or an all-purpose dishcloth with water.
Step 4: Dip the rag to the baking powder or salt.
Step 5: Gently wipe out the stain.
Step 6: Rinse your fine bone china in warm water not hot with mild detergent.
2. How to remove brown stains
What you’ll need:
Vinegar and salt
Step 1: Rub a solution of equal parts of vinegar and salt.
Step 2: You can use an all-purpose non-scratch scouring pad to gently remove the stubborn brown stains.
Step 3: Rinse with warm water and mild detergent.
3. How to clean gold-rimmed Royal Albert saucers and cups.
What you’ll need:
Mild liquid dishwashing soap and baking soda.
Step 1: Wash the plates and cups with warm water. and mild liquid dishwashing to remove food residue in them.
Step 2: Use an all-purpose non-scratch dishwashing cloth to remove the food residue out from your Royal Albert saucers and cups.
Step 3: If food stains are still in your gold-rimmed cups and saucers, try gently rubbing the rim with baking soda.
Step 4: Wash with mild liquid dishwashing soap completely.
Step 5: Dry with a clean cloth.
4. How to remove metal marks on your Royal Albert bone china
If metal utensils leave mark on your fine bone Chinaware, gently rub it with a non-scratch scouring pad. Just be careful to avoid rubbing the decorative trim.
Additional tips to care for your Royal Albert tea set.
1. Do not wash or rinse on hot water. Hot water can lead to crazing which means small lines and cracks in the glaze.
2. If your china is already crazed, do not serve food like butter, fruit, cheese, and cream as they can cause stains along the crack lines.
3. Do not use a dishwasher for your fine bone china. Exposing it to a dishwasher will not show the negative effects initially but over the course of time, the patterns and gold trim will begin to wear
4. Hand washing is the best option in cleaning and protecting your Royal Albert tea set investment.
5. It’s better to wash your Royal Albert pieces one at a time and never overcrowd them in the sink as it will increase the risk of chips and cracks.
6. Never wash china in an aluminum pan or allow it to come in contact with any aluminum utensils. Aluminum rubbing can create grey, pencil-thin lines that are impossible to remove.
7. Pieces with gold or silver trim must not be used in microwaves.
8. Royal Albert bone china should not be used for cooking purposes.
9. Cups should not be stacked when stored as this may weaken the handle.
10. Always use a non-scratch scouring pad in cleaning your Royal Albert tea set as they are very delicate pieces.
5 reasons to enjoy tea time using your Royal Albert bone china
Now that you know how to clean your precious Royal Albert fine china, you are now ready to enjoy having tea time and tea parties.
What’s not to love about tea time? It’s not only a way to break up a long tiring day but also a fine excuse to be away with our computers for a while and indulge in some good old-fashioned conversations. To add to that, tea parties have a great gathering of finger foods.
So here’s a list of what you can enjoy about tea parties.
1. Teatime gives you the chance to catch up with your favorite people without the rush.
Cherish a good tea moment with your family and friends that is not rushed and one where you actually make time to enjoy the moment with simple conversations coupled with laughter as you savor together the richness of tea on your Royal Albert cup and saucer.
2. Tea time is eating good food.
Tea time is incomplete without having to nibble on. The taste of savory-sweet goodies usually accompanies by a Royal Albert pot of tea, is just happiness.
3. Teatime helps you curb your before-dinner cravings.
Pouring a cup of afternoon tea may help you curb your 3 pm hungry pangs as it will fill in the gap for late evening meal time.
4. Tea time is a special time.
Food served on a 3-tiered platter with the tea flaunted in a porcelain pot just elevates your tea experience to the next level of being extra special. And while you’re at it, how about making use of your best Royall Albert tea set and putting on a snazzy outfit to go along with to give your afternoon teatime so much fun.
5. Live in the moment brewing your tea
Brewing your own tea is a calming process that briefly takes you away from hectic schedules. Carving your own teatime to make a warm cup of tea will make you feel good.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I use bleach when cleaning my Royal Albert tea cup and saucer?
No, because it can cause irreparable damage to the glaze.
2. Can you wash fine china in the dishwasher?
If the china is manufactured 30 years ago and if stated by the manufacturer that it is safe for dishwashing, then it’s alright to clean it in the dishwasher. Generally, it is not safe for dishwashing because the heat is too hot and the detergent is too abrasive.
3. What’s the best way to dry fine china?
You can air dry then give a finishing rub down with a soft, clean towel.
The best scouring pad for your Royal Albert tea set
Having a Royal Albert tea set is an investment to make. It is a very delicate piece that needs extra care in cleaning and maintaining to make it last for many years.
For this reason that you need a special cleaning tool like The Crown Choice non-scratch scouring pad and the all-purpose dishcloth that will protect your precious Royal Albert bone china from scratches and avoid damage in the glazing.
The Crown Choice scouring pad and all-purpose dishcloth are both non-scratch, durable, and tough on stains and gunk.
Safe for stainless, Tupperware, cast iron, non-stick coated, glass, china, porcelain, plastic. The unique material and design of our scouring sponge get rid of difficult stains and gets into hard-to-reach places.
The Crown Choice dishcloth and scourer are odor-free. They do not stink even after months of use. No more smelly sponges or mildew odor in your kitchen, plates, or countertop again.
Give your Royal Albert tea sets that special care by choosing The Crown Choice products and see the difference.