There are no smell kitchen sponges made from polyester or no smell nylon mesh scrubbers out there. They’re cleaner sponge alternatives but you can’t easily make them at home.
This is not ideal for busy people. But if you have time then you can make your own no smell sponge scrubber pad alternative.
There is a thriving YouTube maker and DIY community that can help instruct you to make your own home scrubbing pad. There’s a term that they call it – un-sponges.
A fitting name since all people really hate sponges in secret if not overt. 🙂
What you need.
1. Sewing machine
2. Sewing kit
3. Nylon netting
4. Bits of cotton
5. Cloth (like from an old towel)
6. Another piece of cloth (that’s not a towel cloth)
7. Cellulose sponge
Directions for the dishcloth.
1. Cut the towel cloth, the other cloth piece, and the nylon netting into a square piece
2. Stitch the towel and the other cloth on 3 sides leaving one side open
3. Optional – you can fold the cloth and then stitch the closed sides and again leaving one side open
4. Fill it with the bits of cotton cloth using the opening you left on one side
5. Tuck the opening in and close it with a top stitch
Directions for the scrubbing pad.
1. Sandwich the nylon netting using 2 square cloths
2. Again stitch the 3 sides of the cloths along with the netting inside
3. Using the open side put the nylon out by turning it inside out
4. Close the opening by tucking it in and closing it with a top stitch
You need at least 5 minutes each for the project. I find this a fascinating and worthwhile project if you have the time to do it.