How to Clean Picture Frames: A Guide to Effective Maintenance and Care
Choosing the right picture frames for your walls can add to the beauty of your interiors. But time can take a toll on their beauty as dust, dirt, and grime can accumulate on their surfaces. How to clean picture frames and keep them looking new?
First, let’s find out the kind of picture frames you use for your home. Then we’ll let you know ways to clean certain types of frames with the help of The Crown Choice All Purpose Cleaning Scrubber.
Quick Guide to Different Types of Picture Frames
Picture frames come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and even styles.
Finding one that suits your walls best can be a matter of preference, or by determining which design is appropriate for your space.
Just to give you an idea, here are some examples of frames that you can look into.
- Gallery Frame. As the name suggests, this type of frame is similar to the ones used in galleries where artworks and even photographs are hung and displayed for the crowd.
- Modern Frame. This type of frame is usually thin thus making the photos the center of attraction. The frame itself can be made from wood, metal, or even plastic depending on your choice.
- Ornate Frame. Also referred to as a decorative frame, this usually comes with decorative edges that add to the beauty of the frame.
- Wooden Frame. Wooden frames come in a variety of styles, with some having the same modern feel of thin wood used to create the frame, or with carvings that are often used to house paintings.
How to Clean Picture Frames
Basic cleaning involves dusting and wiping your frames every day, but not everyone has the time to do so. When this happens, dirt and dust can accumulate which will need some deep cleaning. Here’s what you need to do.
Step 1: Take your picture frame apart.
Step 2: Remove the photo inside and keep it in a safe place.
Step 3: Clean the glazing by removing it from the frame and giving it a thorough wiping using The Crown Choice All Purpose Cleaning Scrubber and your choice of cleaner.
For Wood Frames
Step 4: Wooden frames can be cleaned using a damp cloth. You can also use wood furniture polish for this by spraying it first on the cloth before wiping the frame.
Step 5: Unfinished wooden frames can be cleaned with water and clean cloth.
Step 6: Use an old toothbrush or a small brush to clean ornate wooden frames.
For Metal Frames
Step 7: Use a damp towel and a bit of soap to wipe down the metal frame.
Step 8: Experts recommend that you use silver polish if the metal frame is made from sterling silver or silver plated.
Note: If you are not sure about the cleaning solution for your metal frame, test it first on a small area on your frame to see if discoloration occurs.
Give Your Picture Frames a Thorough Clean with the Crown Choice All Purpose Cleaning Scrubber
Taking care of your picture frames shouldn’t be that difficult especially when you have the Crown Choice All Purpose Cleaning Scrubber.
What can you expect from
- This nylon mesh scrubber is non-scratch. It can easily lift off any buildup of dirt, dust, and grime on your frames and glasses without damaging the materials.
- It will not leave any dirty streak on the surface when used.
- It is easy to clean too as you can hand wash it or simply throw it in a washing machine.
- It’s also odor-free and doesn’t retain any residues.
Start maintaining your picture frames like a pro here, and learn more on how The Crown Choice All Purpose Cleaning Scrubber makes your cleaning tasks a breeze.