Freshen Your Home with These 5 Best Pet Safe Air Freshener
Updated November 25, 2021
Pet safe air fresheners are becoming a trend.
Removing odors at home may either be easy or challenging especially when you have pets.
Chemical air fresheners may harm your pets, ranging from simple allergies to some nasty side effects.
To prevent this, pet owners tend to be very careful in choosing the right air fresheners for their homes.
The air freshener should eliminate unwanted odors while having a fresh scent, natural ingredients, non-toxic, and pet-friendly.
Tips on How to Keep the Home Free from Pet Odor
If you want your house and pets to smell good, you’ll need to strike a balance between managing a cleaning plan, grooming your pets regularly, and making sure they cooperate.
Although stinky pets and stinky homes go hand in hand, there are a few practices that can help you win the battle. So, below are a few natural and easy ways to reduce pet odors at home.
Clean and Groom Regularly
Keep strong smells at bay by cleaning regularly, especially in areas where your pet spends a lot of time. Your pet’s bedding should be washed on a constant schedule, and you should sweep or vacuum their area at least twice a week. Have a few hours each week for deep cleaning as well.
Cleaning and odor control can be improved by bathing your pets on a regular basis. Haircuts for long-haired pets reduce the amount of shed fur and help control odors. A baby wipe can be used to clean your pet in between baths.
Open Your Windows
Allowing fresh air into your home is as simple as keeping the windows open as often as possible every day. When combined with a couple of fans to help circulate air, this will help minimize pet odors and your house will have a fresher scent.
Clean Right Up
The longer a mess remains unattended, the more difficult it will be to remove the odor. Clear away any liquids with a paper towel and then use an enzyme cleaner to finish the job.
Don’t forget to scoop and toss the cat litter after your feline pet uses the litterbox. To prevent someone from stepping on your dog’s mess and tracking it into your house, make sure your yard is kept clean after he goes potty.
Consider Owning an Air Purifier
Using an air purifier can improve the quality of the air in your home whilst also reducing dust, sterilizing the air, and getting rid of bad odors.
For those with allergies or asthma, a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Absorption) filter is ideal. It will also freshen up the air in your house and keep allergens out.
Homemade Pet Safe Air Freshener to Eliminate Pet Odors
After learning how to prevent pet odors from accumulating inside your home, it may be beneficial to learn how to make your own air freshener spray using all-natural ingredients in the event that we run out of the products we normally use.
Not only will you learn how to make your own all-natural odor eliminator from this tutorial, but this tip will also help you save money in the long run.
What you will need:
- Spray Bottle
- 2 cups water
- 20-30 drops of your preferred essential oils
- 2 tbsp. Baking soda
- Combine two (2) tablespoons of baking soda with your preferred essential oil – approximately 25 drops, but adjust as necessary. Lemon, lavender, eucalyptus, and vanilla are all popular scents.
- After thoroughly mixing, add the baking soda-essential oil mixture to the water and stir again. After that, pour the contents of the spray bottle into the spray bottle and tightly seal it.
- Give it a good shake to ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined, and voilà – your homemade all-natural air freshener is complete!
This homemade air freshener is less expensive and lighter than commercial products and promises to deliver effective results. You can completely customize this pet odor eliminator by changing the scents.
With only three (3) ingredients, you can whip up this air freshener in no time. Put an end to those pesky pet odors with this all-natural deodorizer.
Top 5 Best Pet Safe Air Fresheners
Understanding how to naturally eliminate pet odors from our homes is important, even more so when it comes to maintaining and caring for our pets. We may, however, have to resort to over-the-counter air fresheners if cleaning is near impossible.
Here are a few options for pet-safe air fresheners that you might want to look into.
1. The Crown Choice Air Freshener: The Best Overall Pet Safe Air Freshener Spray
Pet parents don’t have to worry because The Crown Choice Air Freshener is the best room spray for freshening up any area in the house! With its refreshing scents, it’s considered the best pet odor eliminator you can have in your home.
What we like:
- It is a natural, hypoallergenic, and non-toxic lemon room spray infused with the finest essential oils, natural deodorizers, and natural preservatives, making it extremely safe to use around your loved ones – including your family, children, and pets!
- It is extremely effective and has a unique formulation that aids in the absorption and elimination of pet odors as well as other odors.
- With all-natural lemon zest oils, you can enjoy its long-lasting aroma of freshness and crispness.
2. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator: The Best Pet-Safe Stain and Odor Eliminator
Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength and Stain Odor Eliminator is a concentrated formula that makes use of naturally occurring enzymatic bacteria. This consumes ammonia crystals and other organic compounds that contribute to pet odors and stains.
With its chlorine-free composition, this deodorizer is safe and gentle to use around our children and pets. It is also color-safe for our couches and rugs.
What we like:
- It is effective at removing pet odors and stains from both old and new carpets.
- This product does not require the use of a carpet cleaning machine.
- It is reasonably priced in comparison to its effectiveness and delivers on its promise.
What we do not like:
- It has an overpowering scent that may be too much for those with sensitive noses, prompting us to seek out a milder-scented alternative.
3. NonScents Cat Litter Deodorizer: The Best Cat’s Litter Box Deodorizer and Freshener
Cat litter can be a pain to keep clean, but NonScents Cat Litter Deodorizer is an excellent choice if you want to keep the smell in check. Incorporating a proprietary natural formula, it eliminates the smell of litter while being safe to be used around cats.
What we like:
- This deodorizer can be used with any cat litter without overwhelming your feline.
- It’s easy to apply; simply sprinkle a layer over your cat’s litter and you’re finished.
- Customers have reported that this powder is effective at eliminating dog and other animal odors.
What we don’t like:
- The product itself has a bleachy odor.
4. One Fur All Pet House Candle: The Best Pet Safe Candle
In addition to eliminating pet odors, the One Fur All Pet House Candle is available in over a dozen different scents, including lavender and blackberry tea. Candles should be lit in rooms where your pet sleeps or is most active, but keep an eye on them while they burn to prevent them from being knocked over.
What we like:
- With a cotton wick and made from 100% soy wax, this candle is free of dyes, paraffin, and allergens while also containing an odor neutralizer to keep your home smelling fresh while still being pet-safe.
- Depending on usage, each candle can last anywhere from 30 to 60 hours.
What we don’t like:
- According to some customers, the candle emits a strong “waxy” odor as soon as it is blown out and not a pleasant citrus scent.
5. Thai Lemongrass Linen and Room Spray: The Best Eco-Friendly Spray
This spray is intended for use on linens and other surfaces in the home. You’ll get a natural scent because the fragrance is made by hand using a combination of essential oils.
This spray is great because you can use it anywhere in the house, even in places where your pets spend a lot of time.
What we like:
- If sprayed in the proper amount, the scent is not overpowering and is ideal for your pets.
- There are four variants available: Sweet, Grassy, Fresh, Earthy, Lemony.
What we don’t like:
- The bottle is too small. We only wish it lasted a little bit longer.
Choosing the Best Pet Safe Air Fresheners
Pet odors can be eliminated with a variety of air fresheners. Consider what kind of pet you have and what kind of odors you’re trying to get rid of when deciding which option is best for your needs.
All-purpose natural air fresheners are a good option for removing odors. You can add extra deodorizing power to cat litter boxes by sprinkling fresheners on top of the litter, and placing air purifiers near the boxes will help remove odors from the surrounding air as well.
When it comes to urine and poop spills on floors and furniture, you’ll want to get rid of the odor as soon as possible by treating the area immediately. Sprays containing naturally occurring enzymes are the most effective method for this and can often help remove stains, too.
Toxic chemicals and compounds found in many aerosol sprays and scented plug-ins should be avoided by pet owners, according to common veterinary advice. If you need a selection of pet safe air freshener, try our best sellers.