The Best Shower Tile Cleaners: Keeping Your Bathroom Tiles Extra Clean
A crucial part of maintaining your house is cleaning the bathroom.
Common household cleaning agents that you can use for cleaning bathroom tiles and grout include baking soda, lemon, vinegar or detergents. However, for deep-seated dirt including hard water or soapy residues, you will need strong cleaners.
This guide will show you the best shower tile cleaner for your bathroom and different ways of cleaning various kinds of tiles.
Top 5 Best Shower Tile Cleaners
Grout EEZ is a heavy-duty professional cleaner for grout and tiles.
If you are cleaning ceramic and porcelain tiles, this product is a safe bet. It’s also safe for hard to clean tiles.
The soak time is quite short (around 5 minutes) so it’s an amazing way to save time if you’re in a hurry.
The manufacturer guarantees that it’s able to return the grout to its original color and positive reviews are overwhelming.
One downside is the strong chemical smell, so you need to wear a mask when cleaning your shower.
This cleaner promises to remove grease, oil and soap residues.
It has an acid-free formula and it’s great for natural stone tiles as well as ceramic and porcelain tiles.
You just need to spray it to the tiles and wait for about three minutes then thoroughly rinse with clean water.
This might take however two rounds to thoroughly clean the grout and stains on tiles.
Soft Scrub is a bleaching gel that turns, even the hard to reach crevices, white. It is also known to kill germs.
The formula is non-abrasive so it doesn’t damage surfaces of white porcelain or ceramic floors.
Take note that this has bleach so it’s not recommended for colored tiles. Bleach causes colored tiles to look hazy or leaves white spots or marks.
This product promises to clean grout and tiles in a few minutes without needing to brush or scrub in.
This product has no bleach so it doesn’t cause any discoloration when used on tiles.
But this is not recommended for all types of tiles including marble or natural stones, metal or Corian as its strong formula could hasten damage to natural stones over time.
This is a bleach-based product that can also kill mold and mildew aside from cleaning your tiles and grout. It can prevent mold and mildew build-up for about two months.
This product requires no scrubbing. You just need to soak the tiles and grout for a few minutes.
The only concern with this product is the strong odor. You will need to wear a mask when cleaning your shower.
Best Way to Clean White Tile Floors
Ceramic or porcelain are easiest to maintain as they don’t scratch easily.
If you have white tile floors like porcelain and ceramic tiles, the best way to clean them is to follow these steps:
- Ceramics and porcelain are resistant to dirt but sand can dull a white glazed surface easily. It is best to sweep or vacuum it first to keep it looking clean.
- When mopping the floor tiles, choose the right mop. Find a rag or chamois-type mop as they don’t push dirty water into grout line. Ensure changing to clean water frequently to prevent the floor from becoming cloudy.
- For bathroom walls, ensure using all-purpose cleaner and a heavy-duty brush to easily remove stains not only on the tiles but on the grout as well.
- If you notice a hazy look on the tiles after cleaning then it could be a soapy residue. An all-purpose cleaner will do the job. However, if you are aiming for a homemade cleaning agent, use something with a mild acid like and lemon juice. Take note that this is good for ceramic or porcelain tile but not for stone tiles.
- Once you are done washing the tiles with clean water, do not air-dry. Instead, use a dry towel or mop. Air drying will cause the water to leave some spots.
How to Clean Natural Stone Tiles
Marbles and other natural stone tiles are harder to clean as strong chemicals can affect and damage their surface.
You can still use the best tile cleaner products on the market that are ph neutral or are made specifically for natural stones.
Slate Stone Tiles
- You can use mild detergents if you have no cleaning agents for natural stones. Soak the tiles for about 30 minutes then brush off. Make sure your cleaning agent doesn’t contain acidic ingredients to avoid stone breakage.
- Rinse with clean water.
- If the slate tile is coated, make sure that after washing with clean water, dry the tile with a soft rag or towel.
Marble Stone Tiles
- Use mild cleaners. Avoid any cleaners that contain acidic ph level. Marbles are high-maintenance and acidic cleaning agents can etch or cause lines to appear on the surface.
- If you are using powder-based cleaners, avoid those that have sandy texture as they can easily scratch marble stone tiles. Likewise, if you are using cleaning tools like brushes, make sure that you are using those with soft bristles.
- Just leave on the cleaner for about 30 minutes, brush then rinse thoroughly.
Granite Stone Tiles
- Similar to marble and slate tiles, avoid strong cleaning agents with acid content to prevent discoloration or etches. If you can find mild detergents that are ph neutral then that’s the best cleaning agent to use.
- Soak it for 30 minutes, brush then rinse thoroughly
- It’s even better if you can find cleaning agents for buffing granite floors as it will help keep it shiny.
How to Clean Linoleum, Vinyl or Cork and Rubber Tiles
Linoleum, vinyl or cork and rubber tiles are low-maintenance materials. They are easy to clean as well.
The best tile floor cleaner for these kinds of materials can be store-bought or home-made cleaners.
Follow these guidelines when cleaning them.
- Start by sweeping or vacuuming the dirt or debris.
- There are vinyl cleaning solutions that you can use. You can also buff them.
- You can also mop the tiles with water or vinegar.
- One thing to avoid is scrubbing tools as they will easily scratch a vinyl tile floor. Instead, use a non-abrasive or non-scratch rag. This super resilient flooring type is also easy to maintain.
- You also need to sweep or vacuum these before mopping or washing.
- There are linoleum cleaning solutions that you can use to wipe the floor. You can also mix it with water or borax then wipe the floor with the solution.
- You need to rinse this with clean water thoroughly then dry using a soft rag.
- Additionally, try to apply wax to buff the floor. This will keep it shiny.
- Make sure to do it every 3-6 months.
- The finish of a cork tile is different from one type to another. Therefore, cleaning them also varies from one to another type.
- For cork floor tiles with a polyurethane finish, can use water and mild detergent. You can also use white vinegar.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft rag.
- If there’s no finish, you can still follow the cleaning method for polyurethane. Make sure to apply wax once you have dried the tiles. The wax will keep it shiny.
One thing to avoid when cleaning these kinds of tiles is any steam cleaning tools. The heat and moisture cause extreme damage to these tiles.
How to Clean Tile Grout
Grout makes your tiled floors look amazing. It evens out areas of the shower floors or walls. But, grouts are porous and can easily absorb dirt and stains.
So one of the best ways to keep your shower tiles looking great is to clean the grout. Here’s how you can do that:
- Instead of using store-bought cleaners, you can opt for a natural remedy like baking soda and water.
- Simply mix the two together to make a paste. The quantity depends on how much space it needs to cover.
Once you have the paste, you need to spread it on the grout. You can leave it on overnight.
In the morning, you can rub the grout using a heavy-duty brush.
We recommend The Crown Choice Heavy Duty Power Grout Brush to thoroughly clean the grout. This cleaning brush is a narrow grout brush. The angled bristles get deep into the grout for a superior clean and easy corner cleaning. It’s also easy on the hand as it has an ergonomic design.
You can repeat the process as often as necessary in order to thoroughly clean the grout.
- After you have brushed it, rinse it with clean water.
To avoid too much stain on grouts, you can use a grout sealer. It is normally applied around 10 to 14 days after the grout has been installed and dried.
Daily grout cleaning is a great idea if you have kids in the house. During school days, my kids tend to drag in mud and who knows what in the house. Forget about other rooms for now, but mud and water end up eventually in the bathroom.
Daily cleaning, when you have kids, will prevent tile and grout stains and damage. Optimal and efficient cleaning requires having a fixed schedule and using the proper tools.
Do-it-Yourself Tile and Grout Cleaning
Step 1: Spray your tiles with vinegar and baking soda solution.- For a mild solution put a few drops of vinegar. The ideal proportion is one part water & one part baking soda
– A cup of water and baking soda should be enough in a small bathroom
– Use more for bigger bathrooms
Note: You can also use an off-the-shelf mild cleaning solution or a cleaning detergent that’s made for tiles and grout.
Step 2: Scrub your tiles using rags or all purpose cleaning cloths or a used toothbrush
Step 3: Dry the tiles
Step 4: Sweep the leftover
Power Grout Brush
The Crown Choice power grout brush is a brush specifically made to clean grout lines.
What does that mean?
1. It fits standard grout lines
2. The strong bristle knocks out dirt without scratching the tiles
3. The grip gives you leverage to power scrub
4. The smooth handle gives you a good grip but doesn’t hurt your hand
5. It’s made from durable material
6. It’s designed to work for right and left-handed people
7. Slim design helps get the bristles into hard to reach places
YES. 10% OFF YOUR ORDER FOR READING THIS ARTICLE. USE CODE 10TCCBLOG AT CHECKOUT.
Here’s how to clean your grout using the power grout cleaner.
Step 1: Sweep or clean the tiles
Step 2: Prepare the grout cleaning brush by splashing water on the bristles
– you can use warm soapy water or a grout stain cleaner depending on how dirty your grout lines are
Step 3: Grip the grout brush in a way that’ll give you the best leverage
Step 4: Scrub the area without worrying about scratching your tile floor
Step 5: Rinse the floor with water
– Sometimes you’ll find the floor is already dry you can just sweep the dirt and grime that you scrubbed out
With the help of specialized equipment like The Crown Choice power grout cleaner and the best white tile cleaner, you’ll be able to cut your cleaning time in half.
Speaking of specialized products, The Crown Choice also has the Long Handle Scrub Brush. It’s the best 3-in-1 brush for shower cleaning, tiles, and deep clean brush.
When you couple it with one of the best shower tile cleaner in the list above, you’ll be able to clean your grout lines and floor tiles faster.
YES. 10% OFF YOUR ORDER FOR READING THIS ARTICLE. USE CODE 10TCCBLOG AT CHECKOUT.
How to Deep Clean Grout Lines & Kitchen/bathroom/shower tiles
What you will get with The Crown Choice Long Handle Scrub Brush 3-in-1 set:
1. A long durable bristled brush
2. A sturdy medium-sized brush
3. A detailed brush with silicone
- The long brush will help you clean hard-to-reach places. For example, the sides of your tub where the tub head meets the wall.
- It’s the same as the medium brush but the shorter one gives you more grip and control.
- The 2-in1 detail brush helps clean smaller spaces to lift food and dirt. The silicone scraper pushes out food gunk and dirt to keep your stuff hygienic.
The set is not just for cleaning your kitchen, bathroom or shower tiles and grout. You can also use it to clean your car or boat. Kitchen items like grills, pots, and pans can also be cleaned.
In this article, we focused on cleaning your bathroom or kitchen tiles and grout lines. Here’s how to deep clean them.
Step 1: Clean your floor or kitchen sink (sweep the floor or wipe sink)
Step 2: Scrub the area using your preferred brush and tile cleaner
Step 3: Use the 2-in-1 detail brush if you need to clean narrow spaces like an archeologist
Step 4: Mop the tiles
Step 5: Dry
The Crown Choice Tile & Grout Cleaning Brushes
We have the best shower tile cleaner brushes that are both sturdy and functional. Purchase the power grout cleaner for easy and fast cleaning, get the 3-in-1 scrub brush set for deep cleaning or get both for a more involved and detailed cleaning.
Download the PDF version of this article below.