Top 5 of the Best Grout Cleaner
Grout lines tend to darken over time because of stagnant water, the dirt that we track indoors with our shoes, and even soap suds and scum when we take a bath. Most of the time, we rely on a grout cleaner for tile floors and for bathroom walls, but what about using natural ingredients like baking soda or vinegar? You can even combine it with The Crown Choice Power Grout Brush to get rid of those nasty buildups real quick.
Why Grout Cleaning Is a Must
Breaking out your grout cleaner baking soda or even vinegar solution on a regular basis can certainly help with maintaining your grout lines. This is especially needed in the bathroom where moisture, soap, water, and other elements can easily accumulate in the grout lines making them appear dirty.
You don’t want to step inside a bathroom that looks dark and dingy right?
Regardless of whether you will be hiring a grout cleaner service or you will do the cleaning yourself, the goal is to care for your tiled floors and grout lines on a regular basis. This way, your floors will be sparkling clean and you will have a safe environment for everyone in your home. After all, dirty grout lines can be home to a variety of allergens that can trigger a reaction to the more sensitive individuals living in the house.
Benefits of Using the Best Grout Cleaner
Cleaning grout lines is necessary to maintain the beauty of your tiles at home, but there are other benefits to doing this task regularly such as:
- Prevents molds from forming.
- Keeps the room looking clean and tidy.
- Stops water and moisture from getting underneath the tiles.
- Prolongs the life of your floors.
- Prevents germs and bacteria from thriving on the surface and between the tiles.
Hiring a grout cleaner service for large tiled rooms can speed up the process because of their grout cleaner machine. However, you can also make use of grout cleaner baking soda to make your tiled floors and walls look great.
How to Clean Grout with Grout Cleaner Baking Soda Solution
This Old House has a great solution to cleaning grimy tiles and that is by using grout cleaner baking soda, vinegar, and dish soap. You will need:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Sponge/ scrub brush
- Grout sealant
Step 1: Fill a cup with warm water and add some baking soda to it.
Step 2: Add a few drops of your dish soap then mix the ingredients.
Step 3: Pour some vinegar along the edges of the grout.
Note: Do section by section so you won’t slip on wet floors.
Step 4: Pour the grout cleaner baking soda mixture on top of the vinegar.
Step 5: Use The Crown Choice power grout brush to scrub the grout lines then leave the solution to sit for about five minutes. Scrub again.
Step 6: Wipe the surface with a sponge to remove the vinegar and baking soda mixture.
Step 7: Apply the grout sealant after you have cleaned the grout lines. Let it dry for 3 to 4 hours.
Step 8: Apply another coating of the sealant.
Best Grout Cleaner for Tile Floors
Using a grout cleaner homemade like the recipe mentioned above is always a good place to start when choosing a grout cleaner for floors. However, if you don’t have time to make one, then looking for the right grout cleaner can help. Here are a few to start with.
The combination of Bar Keeper’s Friend and The Crown Choice Power Grout Brush is everything you need to maintain clean tiles and grout lines. The grout cleaner solution softens buildup and with gentle scrubbing with the power brush, you can dislodge even the most stubborn of buildups. Your tiled floors and walls will look like a grout cleaner service were called for to clean them up.
- Perfect bundle containing mild grout cleaner and power grout brush.
- Achieve professional-grade results on your own.
- Softens buildup until they are scrubbed away safely.
- The cleaner may not work well on certain surfaces.
- Expensive bundle.
This grout cleaner tile floors bundle removes those unwanted buildups from tiles and grout lines with Eez. The grout cleaner is easy to use as one bottle can cover up to 250 sq. ft. of space. Even if you are cleaning a small bathroom, this bundle, which is a combination of the cleaner and brush will last you a while. No need for heavy scrubbing since the cleaner solution helps make cleaning efficient.
- Grout cleaner and brush set helps remove stubborn buildup with ease.
- A bottle of the cleaner is enough to clean up to 250 square feet of space.
- The brush can be attached to a broom or any pole with ease.
- Managing the cleanup is too taxing.
- Doesn’t work very well when dealing with tough buildup.
- Grout brush doesn’t come with a pole.
Grease, dirt, scum, you name it, this grout cleaner tile floors get the job done and fast. It can get into the heart of the problem to soften the build-up so that, when you use The Crown Choice power grout brush, it will simply disappear. This is an acid-free solution that you can use for both white and colored grout.
- Ultimate grout cleaner that cuts into grease, grime, dirt, and suds.
- Can work with any scrubbing tool.
- Acid-free cleaner that can be used on both white and colored grout.
- Not good for mold and mildew
- The results are not as great as expected.
- The smell of the cleaner is a bit strong.
If you prefer the results of grout cleaner homemade, then this grout cleaner by Rejuvenate is your best bet. This grout cleaner tool can handle years of buildup with ease. As a matter of fact, it rejuvenates your tiled floors. It is also GreenGuard Certified meaning that it is safe to use around the home. Even after you have finished cleaning, the enzymes in the cleaner still keep at it by eliminating any remaining scum, suds, dirt, and grease. You will like that it can bring back the natural color of your grout too.
- Stubborn buildup is no match for this grout cleaner best for tiled floors and walls.
- Loosens stubborn dirt, dust, and grease with ease.
- GreenGuard certified meaning that it is completely safe to use at home.
- It is a bit expensive.
- You will need to scrub more with this solution.
- It didn’t work well in removing layers of dirt in grout.
If you are looking for a grout cleaner that will remove the buildup in your grout lines, try this one out. Mold, mildew, scum, dirt, grease, and other causes of those dark grout lines will be no match to Goo Gone. Even stains will disappear when you spray this grout cleaner for shower and floors then brush afterward with a good scrub brush.
- It can remove the buildup caused by dirt, scum, mold, and mildew.
- Spray the solution on the affected area and scrub gently.
- Can remove stubborn stains too.
- It may not clean grout lines well.
- You will need to apply more elbow grease with it.
- Doesn’t remove stains completely.
Best Grout Cleaner that Will Never Let You Down
Buying a grout cleaner from a home depot may be worth your money if you know what to look for, but if you want to save money, then try making your own grout cleaner baking soda with vinegar.
You can even try The Crown Choice DIY professional grout cleaner bundle which consists of Bar Keeper’s Friend and a Power Grout Brush that will help eliminate stubborn buildup in your grout lines.
Find out more about this grout cleaning bundle right here and start making your tiled floors and walls look like new.